IIC Winter School 2020: IIC Research Group meets Practical Quests
From the 5th to the 6th of March 2020 the Ferdinand-Steinbeis-Institute (FSTI) offers a workshop in collaboration with the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC).
The IIC was founded by AT&T, Cisco, General Electric, IBM, and Intel in March 2014. It is an organization with more than 250 companies which was formed to accelerate the development, adoption and widespread use of interconnected machines and devices and intelligent analytics.
PhD students, preferably at the beginning of their doctorate, as well as Research Assistants are invited to join the two days workshop in the area of the Bildungscampus in Heilbronn, a place that unites different institutions from areas of current research. In lectures, the students will gain the relevant knowledge to later apply it in team works designing use cases, prototypes or proof of concepts.
In connection to the Winter School there will be the Hack the Craftsmen’s Quests event at the same location from the 6th to the 8th of March. As part of the Winter School the participants are asked to development concepts for the later implementation of digital solutions. All Winter School participants are welcome to also join this event.
The participant selection will be done in accordance to first-come-first-serve.
- Research: Deep Dive into Design Science Research and qualitative methods which will be helpful in your research environment
- Transfer: Introduction to the worldwide Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and its main artefacts, as well as testbeds. We want to show you a way of developing real world research laboratories
- Practical: Show practical implications and provide hands-on in group work
- Networking: Get to know other PhD students, network and be part of the IIC Research Group
Main points of agenda
- Research: Qualitative Methodologies and Academic Writing
- Transfer: Industrial Internet of Things made practical
- Practical: Apply Research Concepts to the Hack the Craftsmen´s Quests
About the Hack the Craftsmen´s Quests
This event is about developing innovative solutions using technologies like Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence for applying it to the craft industry. Well-known technology companies will also participate. Success comes not only from specialist knowledge, but also from cooperation across your team. Additionally, there are initiatives to bring your idea to reality and to accompany you in founding the company.
Benefits for PhD Students – Why should you come?
The winter school, as well as the Hack the Craftsmen´s Quests are not just about certificates and prices.
You also gain insights into the IIC and its extended network. Great interviews with important representatives and exciting Case Studies are waiting for you. Don’t forget about the fact that you get to know other PhD students and have the rare possibility to exchange information among each other.
We´re excited to meet you!